1826: “Norwich. Preferred - The Rev. Courtney Boyle Bruce, to the curacy of Redlingfield, Suffolk, on the nomination of Alex. Adair, Esq. of Flixton Hall.” (1)
1832: “Redlingfield, C. Norwich. Geo. Sandby Alex. Adair, Esq” (2)
1835: “Redlingfield, a parish in Hartismere hundred, co. of Suffolk, 4 m. S.E. from Eye. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd. of Sudbury and dio. of Norwich, returned at £64. Patron, in 1829. A. Adair, Esq. Pop. in 1801, 212; in 1831, 235. A. P., £1,020.” (3)
1851: “420 Redlingfield. [Population 251] [Area 1075a.] Parish Church. Endowed with farm at Shipmeadow, gross rent £60; stipend from patron, £8; fees, 10s. 6d.; interest on £100 from Queen Anne's Bounty, £3 5s. 0d. Sittings free 120, others 50. Present morning 15+14 scholars. Average (12 months) morning 28+16 scholars. Remarks Small attendance on 30th March arises from fever and hooping cough. Signed Charles Notly [sic], Perpetual Curate. Eye. Ownership: Class IIa. Holy Communion four times a year, average of 14 communicants. Perpetual Curate licensed 1842; also headmaster of Eye Grammar School, where resided (£60 a year), and workhouse chaplain. About half parishioners were Baptists.” (4)
1855: “Redlingfield, St. Andrew. Chancel, nave, with south porch, and a turret of brick on the west gable. The chancel is of brick, with a very good three-light window preserved at the east end; the porch is good D.; the nave has P. windows inserted; the seats have good poppy-heads, but they are enclosed in modern pews; in the chancel-floor is the matrix of a good brass. Font, P.; an octagon, with the emblems of the Evangelists. A Benedictine nunnery was founded here in 1120. Of this building there are still considerable remains; part of it, now called the “Hall,” is a farmhouse.” (5)
1868: “Notly, Charles, Eye, Suffolk.- St. John's Coll. Cam. B.D. 1838; Deac. 1837 by Bp of Chich. Pr. 1838 by Bp of Nor. P. C. of Redlingfield, near Eye, Suffolk, Dio. Nor. 1842. (Patron, William Adair, Esq; Tithe, Imp. 251l; P. C.'s Inc. 71l; Pop. 203.) Head Mast. of the Eye Gr. Sch. 1836; Chap, to the Hartismere Union 1838.” (6)
1) The Quarterly Theological Review and Ecclesiastical Record. Published by C. & J. Rivington, 1826. Item notes: v. 1.
2) The British Critic, Quarterly Theological Review, and Ecclesiastical Record. Published by Printed for C. & J. Rivington, and J. Mawman, 1832.
3) A new and comprehensive gazetteer of England and Wales, illustr. by a series of maps. 4 vols. [in 2]. By James Bell. Published 1835.
4) Suffolk returns from the census of religious worship of 1851. By T. C. B. Timmins, David Percy Dymond. Published by Boydell & Brewer, 1997.
5) The ecclesiastical and architectural topography of England. Bedfordshire (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, Oxfordshire, Suffolk). Published 1855.
6) Crockford's Clerical Directory. Published by Church House Publishing, 1868.