42nd Annual General Meeting of Redlingfield Village Meeting at Horham & Athelington Community Centre 8pm on Wednesday 22nd May 2019 (Ref AGM220519)
1. Apologies for absence: Sue & Allan Chapman; Will Edwards; Pat Kelly; Adrian Smith.
2. Reports from guests: None.
3. Minutes of last meeting: Minutes approved.
4. Matters arising: Taken under any other business.
5. Chairman’s report: Mike Ager - The chairman had nothing in particular to report.
6. Treasurer’s report: Jeanette Brierley – The treasurer reported that funds had fallen a negligible amount from £6,936 to £6,825. Of this £4,000 needed to be kept in funds. Major expenses are subs for organisations, insurance, grass cutting and the dog poo bin. The village magazine is managing to break even. Among the amounts coming in were £105 of donations, £386 donation from the fun evening and race night and £860 profit from the annual summer fayre and BBQ. Written accounts for year ended 31/03/2019 were submitted. Jeanette suggested we start looking for new treasurer as she had done the job for more than a decade.
a. Accepted and minuted Accounts and Governance (AGM220519/TRS1)
7. Village committee membership:
a. Existing committee members are: Andrew Abbott, Graham Abbott, Katie Abbott, Mike Ager, Jeanette Brierley, Susan Chapman, Allan Chapman, Will Edwards, Lesley & Tony Rose-Freitas, Emma Hewitt, Pat Kelly, Russell Kerry, Manday Miller, Adrian Smith and Janet Norman-Philips. All unanimously re-elected.
8. Election of officers:
- Treasurer Jeanette Brierley re-elected.
- Secretary Janet Norman-Philips re-elected.
- Chairman Mike Ager re-elected.b. Secretary
9. Neighbourhood Watch: Adrian Smith volunteered to become Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator. Russell Kerry hoped Adrian would be able to set up a group text alert for suspicious activity in the area.
10. Report from Redlingfield Village Amenities (Doorstep Green) & Church project: Janet said the next step was to source the under- grass webbing for the car parking on the Doorstep Green extension.
11. Broadband - Are there any outstanding issues? No-one at the meeting had any issues.
12. Any other business
a. Proposed Broiler Chicken units at Horham & Southolt – response to proposal & issues? The meeting was against the plans and Janet will be liaising with other parishes and councillors.
b. Defibrillator: Russell asked about the plans to use the telephone box to house a defibrillator. Janet agreed to chase the company who now owned the phone box and/or look at alternatives.
c. Speed limit: Drew asked on behalf of Will Edwards about extending the 30mph limit out towards Cranley on Mill Road/Eye Road to encompass Kiln Farm. Janet agreed to investigate.
d. Bare cable on Occold Road: Russell and others brought to the committee’s attention that their was bare BT cable outside Simon Brice’s field on Occold corner and said something should be done. Janet agreed to contact BT.
e. Elizabeth Gibson-Harries: Liz, who had been district councillor until she recently stepped down, was sincerely thanked for all she had done for Redlingfield in he time on Mid Suffolk.
Hazel Abbott thanked the secretary, chairman, treasurer and committee for all the had done for the village in the past year.
Date of next village committee meeting: Wed 5th February 2020. 8 pm venue to be agreed.
Meeting closed 8.55pm.